Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Spanish Coming Soon


This semester we have the pleasure of working with a Student Serve intern. Rebeca Martínez García is translating material into (Latin American) Spanish. She is a native of Puerto Rico, in her last semester of a master's degree in nursing, and also a member of the National Guard. But first of all, she is a child of God and a fellow sister in the Lord. Here is more about this in her own words: 

God’s Plan

“You receive your calling in ministry in many ways,” Sandra Dorsainvail told us during our Student Serve discussion sessions. She was our coach from March to August. We had the opportunity to do spiritual, mental and physical preparation with her. Since starting Student Serve, I have been learning to see what God wants in my life in many ways. Even though there are times when I don’t understand or don’t have the slightest idea where I’m going, He’s still there. At times, I have felt very afraid and insecure. But thanks to God and the support of people along the way, I have been able to learn to let go and learn. This has been especially true in this internship. I’m translating literacy materials from English (my second language) to Spanish (my first language). Sometimes it can be crazy. God and His ways. God and His perfect plan will always be better than ours. In this experience I have been able to mature, learn, grow, improve in the language, be patient with myself, and enjoy the process with God. I have no doubt that God wanted me to be part of this wonderful experience. I trust that this is only the beginning of what I can see of His plan, even though I don’t know the rest of His plan. I pray to the Father to continue showing me the way in His time. May I continue to bless every person who has reflected His love in my life. To conclude, as our coach Sandra Dorsainvail always told us, I will continue “planting seeds of hope.”


No comments:

Post a Comment